Restoring a property following a disaster such as a fire, flood or storm should only be carried out by an expert.
Otherwise, problems may remain undiscovered and could lead to further expensive claims. Bedfords Surveyors are reinstatement specialists: we have been handling insurance repairs for almost 40 years for all types of residential & commercial building claims.
Bedfords Surveyors work on behalf of insurers, loss adjusters and brokers, as well as private clients, providing a professional and cost-effective restoration service, across residential, commercial and industrial buildings.
Our expertise includes:
Fire reinstatements: when a property is affected by fire, the damage goes far deeper than the eye can see. Heat, smoke and extinguisher water can penetrate hidden areas and, if not properly treated, can cause problems for many years to come. Reinstatement specifications must allow for identifying and restoring this hidden damage as well as the more obvious problems.
Flood and escape of water reinstatements: damage from water spreads far and wide. It’s important that the property is properly dried out, sanitised and all damaged materials removed before repairs can start. Bedfords Surveyors will also offer advice on future flood protection methods and loss mitigation.
All other perils: storm, impact and other major damage events such as earthquakes, explosions and hurricanes.
Bedfords Surveyors offer in-depth expertise and a team of specialists to carry out the following services on behalf of insurers, loss adjusters and private clients. We offer full project management services including:
- Make the building safe and secure
- Inspect and report on the extent of damage including opening up to find hidden damage; research historical or non-standard construction; liaise with material and component manufacturers; and arrange for laboratory testing.
- Validation of cause
- Strip out damaged structures and finishes.
- Liaise with statutory undertakings and local authorties
- Design and specify reinstatement works.
- Invite and report on competitive tenders.
- Monitor repair works on-site.
- Handle CDM, Health & Safety and party wall matters.
- Control costs
- Update all parties with regular meeting and correspondence
- Final inspection and handover
- Third-party expert witness reports.
“We found everyone was sympathetic to our needs and explained everything every step of the way. We have been very happy in every aspect from start to finish.”
Mr Cannan & Miss Lowis, Kendal