Bedfords Surveyors offer a complete service for new builds, extensions or alterations, from feasibility through specification, contact administration and final accounts.
Whether you want to build an extension, convert a loft, alter a listed building or build from scratch, we can prepare the drawings and deal with all planning and regulation issues. We can also advise you on whether your project falls within permitted development guidelines.
We can manage the whole process, from initial feasibility designs, planning permissions and building regulation compliance through to overseeing the construction works. Our services include:
- Free initial consultation: to discuss your plans, advise on feasibility and any planning restrictions, and provide our own suggestions. We will follow this up with planning confirmation and a detailed quotation outlining our services.
- Surveys: a full measurement to produce a detailed design scheme based on the ideas discussed. If necessary we will bring in a land surveying company to produce a full topographical survey, or other specialists for services such as bat or arboricultural surveys.
- AutoCAD drawings: we will then produce AutoCAD formatted drawing for you to review and approve.
- Local authority planning: we will submit your plans plus any additional reports needed and monitor the application through to the determination date which may take up to eight weeks.
- Building regulations: once planning is approved, we will produce all necessary building regulation drawings and submit these to your local Building Control Officer.
- Project management: we can prepare a full working specification, oversee tenders and obtain estimates from building contractors. We can also manage on-site construction works: these would be carried out under the appropriate JCT building contract for which we would act as contract administrator.
Our fees will be based on a fixed agreed percentage of the final building cost.
“His surveying skills were excellent and we now have our beautiful home back. Importantly to me though, he was empathetic to our loss, highly professional and excellent attention to detail.”
Mr Jackson, Devon